It’s summer in San Antonio and boy is it hot! Add to this the sad fact that we are all spending so much time inside at home because of the pandemic and the stress adds up–fast. However, there are quite a few things you can do during these hot, stressful times to keep yourself sane and make the inside of your home cooler.
Steps to Keep Your San Antonio Home Cooler and More Comfortable
- Have Window Film Installed: Window film is an affordable way to cool things off and can be installed in just one day. The temperature difference in your home and your lower energy bills will amaze you. Plus, you will stay cool all summer long and warmer in the winter too!
- Don’t Use Your Oven: There is nothing that makes hot exterior temperatures worse than adding the heat of a 400-degree oven in the middle of a heatwave. So grilling outdoors every night (or as much as possible) is a good solution to keeping your San Antonio home cooler. Also, being outside and getting some much-needed vitamin D from the sunshine is a viable solution to the battle pandemic blues.
- Do Chores After Sunset: Whether it is laundry, which heats up the house, or cleaning that makes you sweat–heavy chores during the day will make an already warm home unbearable. Wait until after the sun sets to begin checking off that to-do list and you will be happier for it.
- Keep Your Thermostat At 78-degrees: It sounds crazy to set your central air this high in the summer but this is the government recommendation to get the most bang for your buck during hot summers. This is proven to be the most efficient setting. You can offset this slightly warmer temperature by using fans and evaporative cooling to get you San Antonio home cooler.
- Change Your A/C filter: Cooling systems are in the business of sucking and blowing heated and cooled air. This means that all the dust and dirt floating around, inside and out, get trapped and clog filters. Units with clogged filters are not efficient and cost more to run. The best way to have a home cooling system that is working efficiently is by doing the proper maintenance and timely filter changes too.
For more information on staying cool with window film on your San Antonio home’s windows–contact us at Greenlight Window Films today.