There are many good reasons to cut down on your household energy use from environmental reasons like climate change and fossil fuel pollution to personal concerns like high energy bills or a desire to save money. Sustainable living is important not only for our own personal benefit, but also the future of the planet.
Fortunately, thanks to technology, it’s now easier than ever to go green. There are many products you can buy for your home that can help you get a better hold of your energy use and save money. One such option is energy efficient window film.
Below, we’ve discussed the different types of energy efficient window film for Kansas City homes.
How Effective Is Energy Efficient Window Film?
Energy efficient window films aren’t just affordable; they’re also incredibly powerful. Not only are they much cheaper than double pane windows, but they’re just as effective. Homeowners can save up to 30% on energy costs within a single year. In three years, the film pays for itself from all the savings.
For more details on the benefits, check out this brochure: 3m-energy-efficient-window-film-kansas-city
5 Types of Energy Efficient Window Film for your Home
Before deciding on a particular film or brand, it may helpful to have some information about all the different options available to you. There are many different types of energy efficient window films you can buy for your Kansas City home. Below, we’ve described some of the most popular options:
- Spectrally selective: Spectrally selective films single out the spectrums of light that cause solar heat gain and fading.
- Low-e: Low-e is short for low emissivity. Low-e window films use a special technology that controls how much heat can pass through your windows, keeping the temperature of your home balanced and stable. These are a four-season option.
- Nano-ceramic: Nano-ceramic films use tiny pieces of ceramic material to reflect heat.
- Dual reflective: Dual reflective films have a mirror-like appearance. They reject heat and also create privacy.
- Liquid nanotint: Nanotint is a “window film” that comes in liquid form. It provides all the same benefits as traditional window film, but is completely clear. Because it’s liquid, it’s easier to apply to textured and bent glass.
Find the Perfect Window Film for Your Home
We guarantee that there’s a window film out there that can meet your needs! Call our office today to begin exploring energy efficient window film options for your Kansas City home!